Camping Lake Wivenhoe
Welcome to Lake Wivenhoe Camping
Enjoy camping at one of our two campgrounds – Captain Logan Campground or Lumley Hill Campground at Lake Wivenhoe.
We are just one hour from Brisbane’s CBD located on the beautiful Lake Wivenhoe, these amazingly beautiful campsites cater for families and large groups with an opulence of wildlife from kangaroos to koalas.
Choose from our grassy sites overlooking the lake for a tranquil setting. Enjoy a relaxing stay with natural shade and vegetation or get out on the water for recreational activities. Watch out for kangaroos, possums, pelicans, ducks and a wide variety of birdlife during your stay.
Lake Wivenhoe, more commonly referred to as Wivenhoe Dam, is a haven for those who enjoy water-based recreation particularly for kayaking and canoeing. The water is very calm due to the lack of powered boats which makes for an enjoyable, relaxing experience. Alternatively, you may wish to do a spot of fishing.
Things to Do
- Under Sky Camping
- Kayaking Canoeing
- Wild Life
Captain Logan Campground
- Camp sites are approx. 7 m wide and 10 m long
- Sites 31, 36 and 37 suited to large caravans
- Sites 41, 43 and 44 are suitable for camper trailers, motorhomes, roof-top tents
Lumley Hill Campground
- Powered Sites 58,64, and 67 suite larger caravans
- Unpowered drive on sites are also available
- Concrete slab on powered sites are approx. 6 m long x 2.5m wide (for the annex) and a little wider and longer where the vans park. Approx 10m between these sites.